Operating in the region for almost two decades, SigmaBleyzer is one of the largest and most experienced private equity investors in Eastern Europe. With the strength of the company’s local infrastructure, Western‐style management, and knowledge of local market conditions, SigmaBleyzer has created one of the largest private equity firms in the region. With offices in Ukraine, Romania, Kazakhstan, and a corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas, SigmaBleyzer has the infrastructure in its countries of operation to successfully manage portfolio companies to help them reach their full potential. Our strength lies in the perfect mixture of Western expatriates and local professionals.
As the manager of a family of private equity funds, we utilize a hybrid investment approach developed specifically for emerging markets and focused on simultaneous value creation at the enterprise level and at the macro level. Because of our unique approach and strong on‐the‐ground presence in the region, we bring one of the most attractive pipelines of investment opportunities found anywhere in the emerging markets to our investor base.
We have the experience, the skills, and the people in the region to ensure the highest levels of integrity and professionalism in taking advantage of the many opportunities available in these markets.
We are particularly interested in deploying capital in situations with the following attributes:
- Companies based in Ukraine, Romania, Kazakhstan and other Eastern European countries
- Businesses operating in attractive and fast growing industries, particularly in the consumer sector
- Capital need of approximately $25 to $50 million for a control equity position
- Historically profitable companies that have scalable business models, with a need for restructuring
- Companies in stable or growing industry sectors
- An appreciation for “hands‐on, operational‐level value creation” (rather than “financial sponsor investing”) and for stable, long‐term capital focused on growing future value
- Investment proceeds used to fund working capital, capital expansion, moderate liquidity for existing shareholders, debt restructuring or moderate debt reduction
- Potential for additional acquisitions to employ a roll-up strategy from a platform company
- Owner management teams with a desire to participate in the upside potential of expanding the business and improving its efficiency